Makes about 1 cup of cream
1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight or for at least an hour (rinse well after soaking)
1/4 cup strongly brewed Earl Grey tea
1/2 cup agave nectar or maple syrup (or you can start with less and then adjust the sweetness to your liking)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
A dash of salt
Earl Grey tea leaves from 2 tea bags, finely ground (I used Twinings, which is already finely ground)
- Blend the cashews and brewed tea in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Add the agave nectar, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Continue to blend everything together until smooth.
- Stir in the ground tea leaves.
- Refrigerate cream for 30 minutes to an hour so that it firms up.
I'm sure this would be great on any type of cake...vanilla, lemon, banana, etc., but I went with basic chocolate. Yum! I've added Earl Grey tea to many baked goods and desserts with varying degrees of success. I'm glad that this yielded delicious results. :)