Adapted from Simply Gluten Free Magazine
Makes 2 dozen mini muffin-sized bites
3 cups cooked quinoa (for cooking instructions, go here)
1 cup Mori Nu firm silken tofu
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
3/4 cup nutritional yeast (or your favorite vegan shredded cheese)
2 tablespoons cashew butter (I used Artisana raw cashew butter)
1 teaspoon tamari
1 cup finely chopped kale
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Make sure your quinoa is cooked and cooled.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 24-cup mini muffin pan.
- Blend the tofu, almond milk, nutritional yeast (or vegan cheese), cashew butter, and tamari in a blender or food processor. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the chopped kale and cooked quinoa to the tofu mixture and combine well. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Fill each muffin well with the tofu mixture and smooth out the tops with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Let them cool for 5 minutes before removing them from the pan.
- Serve with your favorite sauce. (I went with Sriracha!)
Enjoy! And go Niners!